Gloria and Gloria Junior are two teams designed for gymnasts that want to compete in Aesthetic Group Gymnastics at a high level.
If there’s a will, there’s a way
The skills and environment necessary to be competitive in AGG require substantial resources that are not possible in traditional amateur sport environments. Many gymnasts have the wish and the potential to become elite. Still, potential alone is not enough if the supporting infrastructure isn’t there.
In Gloria, we want to provide gymnasts with a development plan offering the ideal training programs and optimal training conditions.
The overall objectives are:
- To develop athlete’s gymnastic competencies.
- To strengthen gymnasts’ knowledge about what becoming an elite athlete implies.
- To foster a positive winning mindset and work ethic among gymnasts and coaches.
- To support gymnasts in the pursuit of higher education while still competing in elite gymnastics.
- To set up a sustainable training model in the children’s teams for a future career path in Gloria teams.
- To increase the number of physically well-prepared athletes and reduce the number of injuries.
- To engage in the promotion of competitive AGG in Gloria teams through modern marketing.
To make this possible, four different Finnish clubs from the Helsinki area are cooperating: Attitude Sports, Pakilan Voimistelijat, Elise, and Tapiolan Voimistelijat. All these clubs have gathered all the resources available to start this project and offer the best coaching and support for Gloria gymnasts.
With Gloria teams, we aim to eliminate limiting beliefs and implement a professional approach to the sport of AGG.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do Gloria and Gloria junior teams practice?
To see the training spots, check the map.(add link)
Can I apply for Gloria in the middle of the season?
Yes! You do not have to wait for the season to end to join Gloria or Gloria junior. We welcome new gymnasts at any point of the year.
Do I need to belong to any of the clubs that support Gloria to apply for the team?
No! You can join regardless of what team or club you come from.
I want to joing Gloria teams but I don't know if I am good enough. Should I contact you anyway?
Yes! Let the coaches talk with you before you judge yourself. Many gymnasts are better than they think and can perform well if they have a positive, hard-working attitude and have mastered basic skills.
How much does it cost?
Gloria women’s team is free and Gloria junior has a cost. To know the exact number please email —-